• The main objective of National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP)/ RashtriyaKrishiVikasYojana (RKVY) is to increase productivity of important crops through focused interventions and maximizing returns to farmers.
• This scheme is implemented in all districts of the State based on the component with 60:40 sharing pattern between Central and State Governments.
• During the year 2021-22, financial assistance is being provided for cultivating vegetables organically, cultivation of Horticultural crops like Moringa, Onion, Greens, Dragon fruit, Minor fruit crops, Palmyrah, establishment of Permanent Pandal structure, Banana bunch sleeves, etc. under this scheme.
• Two sub-schemes are being implemented under RKVY:
1. Cashew programme, under which assistance is being provided for cultivation of cashew crop.
2. Crop diversification programme, under which assistance is being provided to convert tobacco fields by vegetables.